Friday, December 2, 2011

Paintbrush Ornaments

I recently created these paintbrush ornaments for a friend who loves to paint!  These were so fun to do!
IMG_6858
I started with inexpensive paint brushes from Home Depot, and taped them off for painting.
IMG_6841
I chose these colors for the handles and applied with a foam brush:
IMG_6844
IMG_6842
After this dried, I covered the wooden handles and taped off the brush areas and spray painted the metal section using Rust-oleum spray paints:
Heirloom white 
After the base coats were all applied, I painted on the snowman face and then finished by hot gluing embellishments from my craft stash.
IMG_6856
Finally, I added coordinating ribbon to the handles so they can easily hang on the tree.
IMG_6857
Thanks for visiting!

Linking to CSI Project!

11 comments:

  1. these are soooooo cute!!!!!
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, these are so CUTE! They caught my eye right away over at SNS. I just saw a pack of chip brushes at Big Lots. I'm going to pick some up and give them to my daughters after showing them this post. One of my girls is artsy, I think she'll really run with this idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. monna from indianaDecember 5, 2011 at 6:09 PM

    Thanks ...I really love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhh super cute and creative!!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got chills, these are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are sooo cute and easy to create !! Thank You for posting them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I thought that this was so great that I featured it in my "100 Jolly Christmas Crafts & Decorations"! Have a great day! http://www.aspectacledowl.com/100-christmas-crafts-decorations/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are the cutest ornaments I've seen yet! I included them in my round up of 50 Handmade Christmas Ornaments. :) XOXO
    http://www.thegirlcreative.com/2012/11/50-handmade-christmas-ornaments.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous idea! Love them, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea, could use for artist, scrapbookers and card makers too. Thanks for the painting directions, I would not think to paint the metal with the spray paint. TFS.

    ReplyDelete