Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Subway Art Sign

I saw this sweet sign on Pinterest and wanted to make one, too.
little christmas final

IMG_6955
I used my Cricut to create this fun sign on a scrap piece of wood. First, I painted it blue, then placed the letters on (except the word “little”).  Then I painted it white and peeled off the letters.  I freehanded the word “little” in cardinal red paint.
little christmas final
Next, I printed some Christmas sheet music and mod-podged it to the sides.
little christmas final2
To finish, I sanded all the edges and corners and used a Q-tip to stain the edges.  I used mahoghany-colored stain. I sealed the entire piece with glitter mod podge some extra shimmer.
little christmas final3
I topped it off with a trio of miniature  jingle bells tied with jute and hung them on the corner.
little christmas final
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your version of this sign!!!!! It's adorable...will you be selling any of these? I would love to buy one from you as I'm so not talented enough to do it on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnnk you again Lori for sending this sweet sign to me! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! Love it! It's a fun size too. Visiting from A2Z. :)

    ReplyDelete