Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Partridge in a Pear Tree

blog7
Last year I created a few of these pears and received several requests for a tutorial.  Since I’m making a few more this year, I finally posting a a tutorial with new pictures. 
You can’t go wrong with a dollar craft, especially when it turns out better than you imagine.  That’s why I was glad to see a few of these paper mache pears in the dollar aisle at Target a few weeks ago.
blog1 
I used Folk Art’s Forest Moss and Hauser Green Light.
blog2
I just double dipped my sponge brush and then applied the paint evenly to the entire pear.
blog3
I used my Cricut to cut out a stencil of a partridge in a pear tree.
blog4
With the stencil in place, I used a scruffy brush to apply some cream paint.  Make sure your brush is dry or the paint will bleed under the stencil.
 blog5
I topped it with some satin ribbon and placed it on a pedestal for show. This one is a wooden pear from a friend, which I lightly distressed:
blog6
These are paper mache:blog7
blog8
blog9
blog7 
Thanks for visiting today!

23 comments:

  1. Oh wow...I am just as random visited and so I.to Christmas...do I thought is say hi and I love these to bits...now I wasn't to find some .pears to decorate....wonderful work...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...Farrah love text predictor....I love this...I am a random visitor who loves Christmas and knew I had to visit your blog...I love them...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh what a great idea....i really need to stop going thorugh the dollar section....its becoming quite an addiction
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pears are amazing! I love everything about them and think they would make such a nice gift. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the print .... thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pears are too die for! Love them!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello your newest follower! I love this! Gotta love your cricut! Where did you get those pumpkins in the vase. I love those! Please jump over to my blog!
    BLarge

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute idea, great job!

    -Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely adorable idea! (new follower here! ♥)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember these! Thank you for the tutorial...SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just absolutely lovely! Thanks for the lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these! Pinned them so I remember to make them in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Makes me wanna make a quick run to the nearest Target!!! Good one Lori!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these! Thank you for linking up at All Things Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really loved your pears... they make such a nice display! Thank you for sharing your tutorial. I'll give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thumbs up! Love the pumpkins too - although I admit I really like the original paper mache pears too :)

    ReplyDelete