Sunday, October 9, 2011

Angry Bird Pumpkins & More

This weekend I painted some Angry Bird pumpkins just for fun…
blog1
I used faux pumpkins from Dollar Tree.  The trick to getting the colors vibrant is to do a base coat of white paint first.  
blog2
I painted the faces without a pattern, but I penciled them on first to get the sizing right before grabbing  the paintbrushes.   I used a liner brush for the black paint, but a Sharpie marker might work just as well.
Here’s some more painted pumpkin inspiration I found on Pinterest:
blog1
What fun!  Thanks for visiting today!

9 comments:

  1. Love that caterpillar. Cute idea. Nice job on the angry birds even though they are everywhere and I have no idea what they are! My kids must be too old cause I am clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with your pumpkins! My son would love these at our place. Your pinterest pins are fabulous too. I hadn't seen some of them so thanks for sharing them.

    I have posted about a few of my favourite pins on my blog today so if you have 5 Minutes to spare please pop by! I would be honoured if you could link up your post to my weekly Pinning and Singing Linky Party as this post is just fabulous! I have also created a Pinning Bloggers Master List at my blog that you might be interested in joining.

    Best wishes and happy pinning!
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Bert and Ernie pumpkins..
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely HAVE TO do this! My kids love Angry Birds and yours came out SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh I love these. I know my husband and kids would 2. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Angry Birds pumpkins! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. found ya on a linky party - those are so cute! i love angry birds. great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my those angry birds are waaay took cuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to do Angry Birds! Super cute. Love the Bert and Ernie too. Hadn't seen those before!

    ReplyDelete