Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Halloween Apothecary Bottles - Tutorial

Today I’m sharing with you how I made my new Halloween apothecary bottles!
blog17
I started with a set of six bottles from IKEA and some strips of muslin fabric which I cut with a rotary cutter.
blog1
I folded each strip in half and hot-glued a strip to each bottle.
blog2
I made my own labels and printed them on cardstock, then cut them out and glued them to the center of each bottle.
blog3
I topped off each bottle with some tinsel and Halloween pom pom ribbon.
blog4
blog5
blog7
blog9
blog10
blog11
 blog12
blog13
blog15
blog19
Happy Fall!
p.s. One of my most commented-on posts was a spice rack which I altered for Halloween a few years ago. I have a lot more followers now, so in case you missed it, here’s a link:
BEFORE:
AFTER:
You can read the original post here
As always, my tastes have changed, and I love these new apothecary bottles with a more sepia tone and fresh new look.
blog17
blog11
blog8
Thanks for visiting!

Linking to:

13 comments:

  1. OH! I love this! What a fun and creative idea! :) I really like the spice rack turned Halloween decor you made, too. Isn't it so true how much one's style can change? I used to like bright colors in every room when we first moved into our home, and now favor a much lighter scheme.

    I hope you are having a lovely week! :)

    Blessings,
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those bottles with the muslin! And that spice rack turned all spooky is fabulous. I'm getting into the Halloween Spirit at my house!

    Hoping to show some things next week!


    Megan

    http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bottles, You know I am a jar and bottle freak. I googled jars and found your post about this. I really love the halloween project with those little jars for potions and curses..Very Cool. Your blog is wonderful dear chickie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great, I love the addition of the fabric. We don't have an IKEA so I will have to improvise. Now your spice rack is really cute and it looks like much more work. I know you are enjoying them. Thanks, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are SO cute and festive! Great job! Found you from Lettered Cottage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so cool! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative! It's such fun to take everyday household objects and make them festive for the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! We are visiting from 320 Sykamore and are your newest followers. = )

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE these. Classy spook :)I love the muslin that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love how beautifully co ordinated your bottles are, I love the idea of having one bottle labelled treats and the other tricks, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete