Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Peace. Love. Kindergarten.

I love this shirt I saw a few weeks ago on Pinterest, and I wanted to share a tutorial on how I made one for my daughter.
I started with a plain white tee and taped it down to prevent wrinkles while I worked.  I put a sheet of paper (ok, it was Kohl’s ad) under the shirt to keep the ink from bleeding through to the back of the shirt.
Blog1 with wm
Then I used a ruler and  blue & red Sharpie markers to draw the lines.
Blog3 with wm
I was NOT precise with the spacing of the lines. I just eyeballed it…simply because this shirt will be worn by a very active child, who I promise you will not sit still long enough for you to notice any imperfections.  =)
Next, I printed some text for the front of the shirt on copier paper.
Blog4 with wm
I slipped the paper inside the shirt and lined up the text where I wanted it to go.
Blog5 with wm
Then I used a black sharpie to color in the words. I thought my letters were getting too close together and would be difficult to read, so I only outlined the last word.  Turns out, I like this better than if I’d colored in everything.
Blog6 with wm
Ready for school!
Blog7 with wm
Thanks for visiting!

Linked to:

6 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I'll have to save it for next year with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastically cute! I love it.

    I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award: http://domesticatednomad.blogspot.com/2011/08/versitile-blogger-and-big-announcement.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that shirt on Pinterest too. Love that you used Sharpie, one of my very favorite tools! It turned out so cute!!! Hope Kindergarten is going well for your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made one similar to this but a onesie for a baby. I saw you at CSI project. I love this idea. So cute!!!!
    following you now
    ladeedacreations.com

    ReplyDelete