Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Easter Eggs – Tutorial – PB Inspired

You’ve probably seen these great Easter eggs in the Pottery Barn catalog already:

PB Eggs

Source: Pottery Barn

Here’s my version, and today I’ll show you how I did it:
IMG_3267

I started with these eggs and moss from Hobby Lobby.
I already had the glass jar.
IMG_3090

I used a one inch stencil to dry brush the letters onto the eggs.IMG_3264
(Side note … I found this wooden game board at Goodwill many months ago and bought it for $1.  Works great for when I’m painting round objects like eggs and Christmas ornaments. )

Next, I glazed the eggs using Ralph Lauren’s Smoke glaze. Glaze one side at a time by applying with a sponge brush and wiping off with a paper towel.
IMG_3260

It’s subtle, but you can see how the glaze is softening up the bright white eggs. Here’s one half done so you can see the difference:

IMG_3262

I chose random letters and numbers…
IMG_3266

IMG_3267

I placed the eggs and moss in the glass jar turning the eggs so they faced out:
IMG_3268

A fun addition to my Easter decor…
IMG_3269
IMG_3285

Theirs:
PB Eggs

Mine:
IMG_3266

Thanks for visiting!

Linking to

10 comments:

  1. Oh it looks so cute in all the moss and next to the bright orange carrots! Love it!
    Cheers! Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version! The RL glaze makes it even better than the PB version. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those eggs - especially the display! And those carrots are perfect! Thanks for sharing :)

    ps - I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT A FANTASTIC DISPLAY FOR EASTER. THANKS FOR SHARING. THANKS TO POTTERY BARN FOR SPARKING INTEREST IN THINGS WE KNOW WE CAN DO OURSELVES...HA..

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fantastic! I love how your letters are more 'crisp' than the PB version. They look great with the moss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are totally adorable! And they work for so much more than Easter. I just adore them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like these better than the PB version... shhhh, don't tell PB! :) I'm featuring you with my Flaunt it Friday features, stop by and grab a button if you'd like. Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow .. i'm very very impressed !!! This is so being tagged to my post !! Love this
    Come and visit me here http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! I like yours better too! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete