Friday, October 1, 2010

Lunch Box Love

My oldest daughter started Kindergarten this year.  On the first day of school, I sent a little note in her lunch box.  She loooooved it and now requests one for everyday.  

What was a quick, one-time thing is now turning into so much more!  I love creating these little notes for her lunch box!  Each one carries a simple message letting her know how special she is.  She brings them home and we are keeping them.  One day, I hope she has special memories of her Kindergarten lunch box love notes from mom!

Here are the first few I did when my daughter requested more after Day 1:


Some closeups of a few:

Here are some for Halloween:


Here are some for Christmas:

And here are a handful for everyday:


I usually create these cards in the evenings while watching TV.  Sometimes I sketch them in a notebook so I'll have the ideas for later.  Many times I sketch while I'm sitting in the carpool line waiting on my daughter or just list some themes to work on.  I write the notes ahead of time so they are ready to go when I'm making her lunch in the mornings.  

My goal is to have a different note for each day. And I hope she doesn't outgrow them before I do.  I'm having too much fun!  Thanks for visiting!

The CSI Project

2 comments:

  1. How funny that you posted this today. I've been working for the last couple of hours on some lunch box notes and games to go along with my advent calendar. They'll be on my blog later today. I think I need a nap first. Yours are SO stinkin cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea. When I was little, my mother used to write notes on my napkin in my lunch.

    ReplyDelete