Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Recycled Baseballs - Americana

I found patriotic inspiration on Flickr looking at Kelly Cottrell's photos.  She painted some paper mache balls in patriotic colors...



I love how these look.  Thank you so much Kelli for the inspiration!

You've heard the phrase "as American as baseball and apple pie"...right?  So, I decided to incorporate some old baseballs I had in my painting stash ....


Still playing around with different ways to display them...

Linking this idea with Be Inspired's link party and CSI Project and
A to Z's Vingnette Party!

And this display has been featured on Someday Crafts, too!  Thanks!

12 comments:

  1. How cute! Love the idea of painting softballs as accessories. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Such an unexpected item for decor! It looks great! I am featuring it at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    We are hosting The Funky Finds Experience, a handmade extravaganza, in Fort Worth, Texas, this November 6 & 7. If you're interested in participating, please visit our event website for more information --> http://funkyfinds.com/events/experience/

    Jessica Dougherty
    http://funkyfinds.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Wouldn't these be a good gift for a coach? They turned out fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is amazing and so cre8tive! Who would of thought? You took "as American as baseball and apple pie" to the next level. Great job, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this idea! It's too cute!

    ReplyDelete