Monday, April 26, 2010

Patriotic Nesting Boxes - Before & After

I found some great inspiration at the Traditions Year Round Holiday Store including these patriotic nesting boxes...





I've been wanting to create my own set, so not long after I found my inspiration pics, I set out to do just that.  I purchased a set of paper mache nesting boxes that started out like this...


I painted them a parchment color and then used a brown paint wash technique to make it look vintage.   I added some red stripes to the lids for a punch of color and then glued a different image to each side.  The final result ....




I had more fun painting these than I thought I would, and I love the results!

More patriotic crafts coming up soon!


Linking up with Metamorphosis Monday, check it out!
Also linking to Be Inspired's party!
And Just A Girl!
And The CSI Project!

6 comments:

  1. Love your inspiration pictures and your nesting boxes! They turned out great! Love the vintage images you used, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boxes turned out great - I just love the technique you used to make them look vintage!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I love the box with the feet! How FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I just love your vintage patriotic images. These would be perfect for the 4th of July, maybe scattered around the center of table for a nice tablescape. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your patriotic spirit. It is red, white and bluetiful!

    I hope you'll stop by for my bbq on an Anthropologie inspired white tablecloth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your patriotic nesting boxes are beautiful! I really have a thing for boxes, and even more so when they are creatively decorated. You did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete