Thursday, December 3, 2009

Holiday Teacups Painting - Before & After

I found this big wooden board for cheap at a thrift shop and decided I could definitely up-cycle it for the holidays!


After weeks of lollygagging and leafing through patterns and books, I finally decided to paint Sandra Malone's Oh-So-Sweet pattern. The cover photo is, after all, the reason I bought her pattern book! Here's the cover...isn't it yummy?!


I'm happy to say that after much caffiene and many late nights, I have just about finished! There are a few remaining touches I'll make (too subtle to even mention), and I still need to seal it, but for the most part my painting is finished...


A few closeups:









I love a good before & after transformation, don't you?!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are seriously talented! I LOVE the cupcake ornaments, very sweet :) The kind of cutter i have is a Vinyl Express Qe60, but a Cricut works much the same way and is way less expensive (and way smaller :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,
    Yes I have to agree that you are quite talented!! You really have some cute bulb ideas here and the piece you painted on this post is wonderful! Thanks for dropping by my blog today. I found the vintage photo of the "girls" I used in the ornaments I made on a google image search. I think I put in "vintage photos" and just started to sift. I just tried to find it again for you but didn't find it. I might not have looked far enough. Sorry! Anyway, I look forward to seeing more of your art work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori,
    It's me again. I found the photo...someone else asked me for it too. Do a google search through their Images. Search: "vintage photographs of girls at school" and I found it at the top of the 2nd page. Good luck! If you make anything with it I would love to see a photo!

    ReplyDelete