Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Halloween Craft - Before and After

I finally decided to use up the empty Valentine's candy boxes I've been saving since February. I've been in a destash mode lately, and using up stuff in my studio that's taking up space is high on the list!

So here's a before and after shot...what once was an emtpy Valentine's candy box is now a
shadow box decorated for fall.


I had a stack full of these candy boxes,
and once I made the first one, I couldn't stop...

Closeups:


Some of these vintage images came from Lisa's Altered Art. Be sure to check out her fun stuff!

I'm showing off this craft idea over at 320 Sycamore ... take a peek and check out even more good stuff!

I'm featuring my before and after on Thrifty Chick's Before & After Party post so be sure to check there for even more way cool before & after pictures!

This craft is also featured on Twice Remembered's blog. Check it out!

Also featured on Blue Cricket Designs' Falling For Fall party!

18 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I love your Halloween boxes! I have posted one of your pics of them and a link to your blog on my blog today for "Things I Love Thursday" - I hope you don't mind? Please let me know if you'd like me to remove the photo and I will ASAP.

    Your artwork is charming and inspiring, thank you for sharing it with us.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through 320 Sycamore ~ tisis such a great idea!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure wished I lived next door to you so I could steal some of your craft projects for my house. I'm now following you - you are very talented and so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tons of those boxes (candy still in them) that I use for a non edible math project. Hmmmm! Did you paint the box? Or modgepodge the paper on there. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are so cool! I just came across your tutorial for the magnetic Halloween calendar. It's fantastic! I would love to link to it if you didn't mind. I know my readers would go crazy over it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you off of 320 Sycamore....adorable things! Very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are darling! What a great idea. Love the vintage images. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's a great example of reuse, reduce, recycle. To think something destined for the trash could become so CUTE!!! again I say WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those BOXES! Be sure to LINK it up to my Trash To Treasures Party & adding my button! It will get you an additional entry in an UPCOMING GIVEAWAY i'll be doing! Following my blog will get you another one TOO! Happy Blogging & hope you join the party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat idea. These are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. there you go again being awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! I linked to these on my facebook page for Dollar Store Crafts! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dollar-Store-Crafts/161233564682

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I'm also going to link in a post in the next day or two over at Dollar Store Crafts: http://dollarstorecrafts.com/?p=7850

    ReplyDelete