Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Christmas Cards - handmade by kids

Spent the afternoon watching my kids make some Christmas cards. I supplied them with already-cut pieces of scrapbook paper in various lengths and patterns.

You shoulda seen how giddy they got with anticipation when I put this muffin tin full of supplies in front of them! Who wouldn't with all that pretty paper and a glue stick?!



When I showed them how to make one, their little hands were fast and furious making cards!





Here's a completed card...by my 3 year old. I still need to find a sticker or stamp of a star for the top of the tree. These will make great cards for their teachers and the other students in their classes.



Each child made several cards and had a ball doing it. This was such a hit! We'll be doing more of these for sure...



The last step (sorry, no picture) is to get a star stamp or sticker for the top of the tree! More projects coming up soon!

This post is featured on Twice Remembered's blog
and on
Just a Girl's I Can Make That party!



2011 - Recently featured on allfreeholidaycrafts.com!

15 comments:

  1. those cards are sooo cute!! what a great idea!! once i finally run out of christmas cards... that i over bought on sale lol! we will have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, these are SO cute! I love it. I'll be linking, thanks so much for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just lovely, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cute! Looks like you've all been busy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these and just picked up a huge pack of blank cards and envelopes. I see cute and easy Christmas in my future. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute...I will pass this on to my daughter who is a K4 teacher...thanks soooo much for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another cute idea. My daughter Sarah (7yrs old) is reading all the craft ideas with me! She kept saying pick # 86 (from j-a-girl site) and what a good find! She is off and running to the craft room to recreate your card! Thanks you. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to attempt these with my Daisy Girl Scout troop this week. Three adults, 18 girls ages 5-7, three assembly lines to make cards for a local charity. Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! My son and I made Christmas tags last year, and it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. I'm going to do this with my 2 young daughters, they always want to make cards. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    I added this project to our site and linked to you. We are looking for more Christmas card projects as well as other Christmas craft projects, so if you have any similar projects please feel free to let me know.
    Blair
    bchavis@primecp.com
    Editor, www.AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep - LOVE it Love it. Had to make it one of our top 3 Christmas Tree crafts featured at http://www.holiday-kids-crafts.com My FAVORITE part? The muffin tins to sort the lengths of paper. I was using bowls before..this makes it so much more contained. And we can have different color coordinated papers for each set of tins we own!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!! (sorry for the all caps, I got excited) :) I make handmade, handstamped cards as a hobby I am trying to turn profitable (http://whimsicalwords.us), so I don't let my kids use my supplies, but this... THIS, I could do with my kids and they would LOVE me for it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this idea and made some myself. I have a star punch that I used and attached the strips on the card with double sided sticky scrapping tape squares so no glue bumps. They turned out great and have had lots of compliments. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete