Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Handpainted Halloween Goodies!

I think I'm on a roll these days with some Halloween art, so I'll continue to share my finished projects...

I recycled another 8x8 wood surface and painted some of my original artwork featuring a prim pumpkin couple.

The background is layered and consists of scrapbook paper, several washed layers of paint and a few stamps. The pumpkin couple was created with acrylics, pen, and charcoal. Their hats are paper that I inked and shaded.

An 8x10 print of this is available in my Etsy shop. Would they look cute framed and displayed during October?!



Another project I have recently finished is an altered cigar box. Again, I used papers and layers of washed paint as the background. This was inspired from a Monika Brint pattern I found in an old painting magazine. This box is currently for sale on my Ebay.


Top of box:


Sides of Box:

Inside of box:


My next project is a Halloween painting on a large cupboard door! It needs a final coat of sealer and a few pictures so stay tuned for a new post soon!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo glad I found your blog. I am adding it to my List of Crafty Bloggers on the right column of my blog. Please be sure to click the "Follow" button when you visit mine if you like what you see. We have a lot of creativity in common! Looking forward to visiting often.

    ReplyDelete